Flashcards in Ethics Deck (6)
* Communitarianism/community ethics
- Is the act good for everyone who will be affected by the act?
- Is the act right or wrong in itself, irrespective of benefits for me, or other consequences?
Abiding to “duty of care”.
- Whether an action is right or wrong is dependent on the consequences – the action is right if it maximises the greatest positive consequence.
* Religious theory
- Does the act respect the sanctity of human life?
* Virtue ethics
- Am I being honest to myself + consistent in my acts?
Professionalism and morals matter most.