Flashcards in Events of the Korean War Deck (18)
1. What city did the DPRK capture on June 28th 1950?
South capital city, Seoul
2. Which south-eastern region had the forces of the the RoK retreated to by August 1950?
3. Where had Chinese troops assembled ready for an invasion by August 1950?
4. How many states had agreed to help the UN provide military, economic and medical aid to South Korea?
5. Who was put in charge of the UN troops?
6. Where did the UN troops first attack the forces of the DPRK
7. By September 1950 the UN forces had pushed the DPRK troops back to the Chinese border. What river marks that border?
8. In late October how many Chinese troops launched an attack against the UN?
9. When did the UN troops lose control of Seoul?
10. When did MacArthur openly threaten China with an atom bomb without President Truman's permission?
11.What happened to MacArthur in April 1951?
Truman sacked him
12. What started in June 1951?
Peace talks between North and South
13. What was the main reason for the failure of early peace talks?
The exchange of prisoners
14. Who died in March 1953 which helped peace talks?
15. Who became the new leader of the USSR in March 1953?
16. Who became the new president of the USA in January 1953?
17. Where was the armistcie signed in July 1953?