Flashcards in Before the Korean War Deck (12)
1. When did Korea become a protectorate of Japan?
2. Who did the Koreans fight on the same side as in WWII?
3. What declaration made Korea independent in 1945?
The Potsdam Declaration
4. Who took over Japan after WWII?
5. Which superpower had its army in Machuria after WWII?
6. Which European country had control in Indo-China (Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam)?
7. At the Potsdam Conference of 1945 Korea was taken from Japan and divided into two. What was the dividing line?
The 38th Parallel
8. How much of the world's gold reserve did the USA have in 1945?
9. How many warships did the USA have in 1945?
10. How many long range B52 bombers did the USA have in 1945?
11. The RoK was formed in South Korea in 1948. What does RoK stand for?
Republic of Korea