The HCA May delegate the authority to ratify unauthorized commitments to no lower than the ______?
How long does a ratification request need to be kept?
6 years and 3 months after final payment or after the ratifying official determines that the action will not be ratified.
What information needs to be provided to the ratifying official when requesting a ratification?
- A discussion describing the circumstances causing the unauthorized commitment.
- Reasons why normal procurement procedures were not followed.
- What bona fide government requirement necessitated the commitment.
- Whether any benefit was received.
- Dollar value of commitment and an evaluation of the contractors’ effort in terms of appropriateness of the hours expended, type of labor used and other costs expended.
- Rationale for the contractor selected and identification of other sources considered.
- Status of performance.
- Any other pertinent facts, including invoices, receiving report or other documentary evidence of the transaction.
- The signature of the employee who created the unauthorized commitment.
- Recommendations, signed by the employee’s second level supervisor, for corrective actions.
- A complete procurement request including a certification that the funds were available at the time the unauthorized commitment occurred.
When is legal counsel required for a ratification request?
When the ratification request is 10% or more of the simplified acquisition threshold