Flashcards in Indus Secu Mngmt Deck (10)
- (as amended by PD no. 11) - Private security agencylaw.
RA no. 5487
- is any person who for hire or reward or on commission conducts or carries on or holds himself out as conducting or carrying on a detective agency or detective service.
Private Detective Agency
- any person who is not a member of a regular police agency or armed forces who does detective work for hire,reward or commission.
- Philippine Association of Detective and Private Agency Operators.
- person who offers or renders personal service to watch or secure either residential or business establishment or both or any building,compound or area for hire or compensation or as an employee thereof.
- any person, association, partnership or corporation who recruits, trains, muster ,furnishes, solicit individuals or business firms, private or government owned or controlled corporation to engage his services or those of its watchmen.
Who May Organize Security Agency
1. Any Filipino Citizen or a corporation, partnership or association.
2. With a minimum capital required by law.
• In case of corporation, association, or partnership - must be 100 % owned and controlled by Filipino citizen.
• No person shall organize or have interest in more than one agency.
Qualification of an Operator or Manager of a Security Agency:
1. At least 25 years of age
2. College graduate and/or commissioned officer in the
inactive service of the AFP
3. Good moral character
4. No previous record of any conviction of any
crime/offense involving moral turpitude
5. Not suffering from any of the following
1. dishonorably discharged or separate from the AFP
2. mentally incompetent
3. addicted to the use of narcotic drugs
4. habitual drunkard
• An elective or appointive government employees who may be called upon on account of the function of their respective offices in the implementation and enforcement of the provision of RA 5487 and person related to such government employees by affinity or consanguinity in the third civil degree shall not hold any interest, directly or indirectly in any security guard agency.
Basic Qualification of a security Guard
1. Filipino citizen
2. High school graduate
3. Physically and mentally fit
4. Not less than 21 nor more than 50 years old
5. At least 5'4" in height
6. Not suffering from any disqualification under RA