Flashcards in Intel Deck (90)
- is a government agency responsible for the collection,analysis or exploitation of information and intelligence in support of law enforcement,national security,defense and foreign policy objectives.
- is a person employed by an organization to collect,compile and analyze information which is used to that organization.
- refers to effort made by intelligence organizations to prevent hostile or enemy intelligence organization from successfully gathering and collecting intelligence against them.
Human Intelligence - category of intelligence derived from information collected and provided by human sources.
- is a method of espionage trade craft used to pass items between 2 individuals using a secret location and thus not require to meet directly.
Dead Drop/Dead Letter Box
- 2 persons meet to exchange items or information.
- is a concealment device used to hide money,maps,documents,microfilm and other items.
Dead Drop Spike
- is a mutually trusted intermediary,method or channel of communication,facilitating the exchange of information between agents.
- involves a government or individual obtaining information that is considered secret of confidential without the permission of the holder of the information.
- is the management of agents,principal agents and agent networks by intelligence officers typically known as case officers.
- is an intelligence officer who is trained specialist in the management of agents and agent network.
- acts on behalf of another whether individual,organization or foreign government, works under the direction of a principal agent or case officer.
- is the practice and study of techniques for secure communication in the presence of third parties called adversaries.
- Is the act of secretly listening to the private conversation of others without their consent.
- is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position.
- apprehended criminals who turn informants
- jailhouse informants.
Means of Information Gathering
- is the process of developing unrefined data into polished intelligence for the use of policy makers.
- intelligence requirements are determined by a decision maker to meet his/her objective.
- is the gathering of raw information based on requirements.
- converting the vast amount of information collected into a form usable by analyst.
- conversion of raw information into intelligence.
(3) analyzing data and preparing intelligence product.
- is the distribution of raw or finished intelligence to the consumer whose needs initiated the intelligence requirement.
- is received from the decision maker and revised requirement issued.
- systematic determination of merit, worth and significance of something or someone using criteria against a set of standards.
- is the assembly of written information into a standard order.