Flashcards in Microorganisms and Viruses Deck (11)
What are microorganisms?
- microorganisms are organisms that cannot be seen with naked eye because they are microscopic organisms.
How many types of microorganisms can we classify? Name them all.
State 4 characteristics of a bacteria.
- bacteria are prokaryotic ( DNA exist and threadlike structure known as nucleotide)
- Some bacteria has flagellum for locomotion
- Has cell wall
- Bacteria can in a single cell, diploid, filaments, chains, clusters
What are the basic shapes for bacteria
Give 2 examples of bacteria.
- Lactobacillus sp.
- Streptococcus sp.
What are the main characteristic of protozoa?
* protozoa is under the kingdom protista
- They are unicellular
- more around using their pseudopodium ,cilia or flagellum
- are heterotroph or autotrophs
- they can be free-living or parasitic
Give some examples of protozoa.
State 3 characteristics of algae and some examples.
- Algae are autotrophs
- some have flagellum
- Fucus sp.
- Chlamydomonas sp.
What are the main characteristics of fungi?
- They can be unicellular or multicellular
- heterotrophs ( parasitic or saprophytes)
- have cell wall made of chitin
- Have thread like networks known as hyphae
- Mucor sp.
Choose the correct statement about viruses
- Virus are not included in any kingdoms
- Virus does not carry out life processes
- Virus inject their dna in to other organisms