Flashcards in Model of Human Occupation Deck (26)
Who is the creator of MOHO?
When was MOHO introduced?
1980's, but updated in 2008
Who is this model designed for?
anybody experiencing impairment, across any life span
What are the 2 parts of MOHO
What are the 3 internal subsystems of the person?
What are the 3 parts of volition?
1. personal causation: awareness of ability, similar to metacognition
2. values: what is the occupation worth doing for you?
3. interest: enjoyable, satisfying?
What is volition equivalent to?
What are the parts of habituation?
1. occupational roles: position or status held within a social group, along with accompanying obligations and expectations, attitudes, and actions
2. (routines) habits: typical ways one performs a task
What are the parts of performance capacity?
1. objective abilities: muskuloskeletal, neurological, cardiopulmonary, psychological, cognitive
2. subjective experience: perceptual-motor, processing ability/speed, communication/interaction
When examining the environment, what are 4 important things to look at?
-demands of environment
What 2 things make up occupational competence?
a. occupational identity
b. occupational adaption
What 3 things may cause dysfunction?
1. when ability to adapt is threatened
2. when identities to not match possibilities
3. when they become frayed by life circumstances
What is the name of the level of least dysfunction?
inefficacy (motivation, satisfaction, or control reduced but intact)
What is the name of the level of most dysfunction?
helplessness (inability to meet demands of situation)
what is the middle level of dysfunction?
incompetence (moderate difficulty meeting the demands of the situation)
What is it called when daily routines and performance of roles is re-established?
what is it called when the person exhibits and verbalizes an innate desire to explore and master his environment
What guideline fits with helplessness?
What is involved at the exploration level?
1. planning and problem-solving
2. perceptual and motor skills
3. communication interaction skills
4. routine self-care
what guideline fits with inefficacy?
What is involved in the achievement guidelines?
1. integration of skills into daily life roles
2. assertiveness training, high level skills, professional support
3. aimed at improving overall well-being
What is involved at the competence level of guidelines?
1. basic skills; identification of roles, goals, and interests
2 choices and goal-setting is encouraged
3. may involve tasks groups and activity planning groups
Use MOHO when there is dissatisfaction or discrepancy in at least one area that causes stress or adverse emotional experiences
1. physical ability to perform but no motivation (volition)
2. volition but inability to perform
3. rigid routine despite desire to be spontaneous
4. dissonance b/w what is valued and ability to perform
For groups in MOHO, the diagnosis should be ______, and should focus on the ___ the person intends to return to or assume.
Group individuals according to ______