Flashcards in Motherhood Manifesto Deck (11)
52. Chap. 2—how do employers benefit from paid family leave?
--> save costs of recruitment & training due to high employee turnover
-->greater job satisfaction
53.Chap. 3—why do well educated women most often leave careers?
The top reason noted by highlyeducated and trained women for leaving the “fast track” is the__________ & ____________ oftenleads women to quit needed jobs”
lack of family time.
lack of flexible work options
54.Chap. 6—what is needed to attract and retain child care workers?
2. a living wage
3. more training
“Seeking ways to increase salaries necessary to attract and keep good childcare providers”
55. What are the three actions related to public policy wanted by the authors of the book?
1. government incentives for flexible work systems
2. fair wages and benefits for part-time workers
3. fair wages for returning mothers/fathers
56. Define the stages of deployment in order?
-Pre-deployment: time between notification and departure
-Deployment: first month after actual departure
-Sustainment: extended period from month after deployment through the month before reunion
-Post-deployment: begins with the service member’s return and ends with the family re-establishing family roles and boundaries
57. How do men and women differ in stress when deployed?
-When women are deployed there are major disruptions in the family
-women deployed experience more stress than men
What are the stages of deployment?
4. Post Deployment
Time between notification & departure
First month after actual deployment
Extended period from month after deployment through the month before reunion