Flashcards in My World history Deck (2)
During the French Revolution, 25,000 people were guillotined! These mostly were the leaders of France and their cronies.
The Napoleonic Code laid the ground work of many modern governments today.
1. Equality of all in the eyes of the law,
2. No recognition of privileges of birth.
3. Freedom of religion.
4. Separation of church and state.
5. Freedom to work in the occupation of one’s own choice.
6. Farmers could purchase their own land, this ended feudalism.