Organisation Of The Body System Flashcards Preview

Tech Training > Organisation Of The Body System > Flashcards

Flashcards in Organisation Of The Body System Deck (31):
1

What is the anatomy of a cell label diagram

Plasma (cell membrane) thin outer layer Cytoplasm/protoplasm. makes up bulk of cell proteins carbs metabolism Nucleus largest structure carries hereditary factors of cell Picture required

A image thumb
2

Name the Five tissue types

Epithelial covering and linings

Connective

Nervous Receiving and transporting stimuli

Muscle

Fluid. 60% of body is made up of fluid 70% of that is held in cell the other 30% is bodily fluids like blood saliva

3

Common groups of epithelial tissue can be divided into how many groups

2

4

Common groups of epithelial tissue can be divided into 2 groups what are they?

Simple Stratified

5

Common groups of epithelial tissue can be divided into simple and stratified, describe the difference

Simple have single layers Stratified have multiple

6

Name 4 simple epithelial tissues

Simple Squamous

Simple Cuboidal

Simple Columnar

Simple Columnar ciliate

7

Name 4 stratified tissues

Stratified squamous

Stratified cuboidal

Stratified columnar

Pseudo stratified columnar

8

What do glands do

Glands secrete substances in the cardiovascular system

9

types of glands name them

Glands with ducts secrete enzymes Glands without ducts hormones

10

What do glands with ducts do

Theses glands secrete Enzymes directly in the CVS ( protein organic catalyst) measurement of these indicate mi

11

What do glands without ducts do

Secrete hormones into CVS through the blood passing within tissue of the gland

12

What are the three main areas of muscle tissue

Skeletal muscle Smooth muscle Cardiac muscle

13

How are organs formed

When two or more types of tissue combine

14

What are organs

Organs are structures that have a recognisable shape and perform a specific function

15

When Several organs of similar functions are joined together by tracts and vessels they are known as what

A System

16

Homeostasis is what

The condition in which the body's internal environment remains constant and normal bodily functions continue to sustain life and mental alertness

17

The skin is divided into how many main layers

2

18

The skin is divided into how 2 main layers what are they

Epidermis outer layer Dermis Then subcutaneous

19

How many Functions does the skin have

4

20

4 Functions the skin

Regulating body temperature Protection Reception of stimuli Immunity

21

Approximately an adult has how much skin

2m2

22

How many major systems does the body have

8

23

List the 8 major systems

Skeletal system Muscular system Respiratory system Cardiovascular system Nervous system Digestive system Lymphatic system Endocrine system

24

Name the and Label Nine abdominal and pelvic Regions

Requires picture. Right hypochondrium. Epigastrium. Left hypochondrium Right Lumber. Umbilical. Left lumber Right lilac Hypogastrium. Right lliac

25

Name the body cavities

Cranial cavity Thoracic cavity Abdominal and pelvic cavity

26

The thoracic cavity boundaries

Anterior sternum and ribs Lateral. Ribs and intercostal muscles Posterior thoracic vertebra of the spine Superior. Structure forming the root of the neck Inferior. Diaphragm

27

Abdominal region contains

Stomach Liver Pancreas Small intestines Bile ducts Most of the large intestine Other spleen kidneys ureters nerves adrenal glands lymph

28

What structures are in Pelvic region

Rectum Anus Bladder Urethra Some small intestine Reproductive organs

29

Boundaries for the abdominal and pelvic cavity

Anterior large abdominal muscles Lateral floating ribs and abdominal muscles Posterior lumber vertebrae and the posterior abdominal muscle Superior. Diaphragm Inferior. Continuous with the pelvic bones

30

label

Q image thumb

A image thumb
31

label with areas and poss problems

Q image thumb

A image thumb