Flashcards in Pharm - Exam 3 Deck (50):
1. What is phase III?
Efficacy compared to standard of care
2. How do most chemo agents act?
3. Target therapies?
4. Differnce between Darbepoeitin & epoeitin?
Darbepoeitin has a longer 1/2 life than epoeitin.
5. What is the MOA for vinca alkaloids?
Prevent microtubule formation
6. When do taxanes work?
During S phase
7. Which drug are we most worried about extravastation (most potent)?
8. What are the monitoring paramaters for ESA’s?
Reticulocytes, serum iron, Hgb
1. what do you need to do 1st for Dextran injections?
Needs a test dose for anaphylaxis
10. Sickle cell crisis treatment of choice?
Hydration & pain management
11. What does hydroxyurea do?
Increases Hgb F
12. What are we measuring in animal tumor cell studies?
13. What is the advantage of non cell cycle-specific drugs?
Can attack tumor cells in G0 as well as other CELL CYCLE phases
14. What tumors are more sensitive to therapy?
Rapidly growing tumors because they have more cells that are actively dividing
15. Who is at risk for pulmonary depression on Bleomycin?
pt w/ supplemental O2 & pulm dz
16. what is used to prevent chronic, delayed cardiotoxicity
Cap anthracycline exposure
17. What is the mechanism of TKI resistance?
Change in AA sequence, decreases binding affinity
18. How long is the treatment for B12 deficiency?
19. What is the best treatment for B12 deficiency?
20. What are the labs for Fe+deficiency anemia?
Low transferring saturation
21. What is an ESA side effect?
22. What is a side effect of cytarabine?
23. Which is an alkylating agent?
24. FA or B12 hgb response?
25. What is the definition of remission?
Unable to detect presence of cancer
26. Fe+ supplements?
All have different elemental iron but can all be used to treat iron deficiency
27. ESA’s should?
Decrease the need for RBC transfusion
28. What are Immunomodulators used to treat?
29. Leukovorin MOI?
Increases activity of 5FU
30. What is the MOA for Epipodophyllotoxins?
Inhibit DNA topoisomerase II
31. What is Aspiraginase used for?
Cancer that requires extracellular asparagine for survival
32. TKIs MOI
Prevent regular cell functions from occurring
33. What do monoclonal antibodies target?
Specific pathways (EGR, HER2, CD)
34. What is the advantage of having exposure to multiple drugs?
Wave—like -->to make sure most cells are destroyed in a constant fraction (log kill cell kinetics)
35. What ist the Gompertzian model?
Larger tumors have less dividing cells, less susceptible to chemotherapies.
36. What is the treatment regimen for AML?
7 + 3
37. Breast cancer is?
38. Breast cancer tx most important for choosing tx is?
39. What is the goal of skin cancer tx (melanoma)?
40. What is the treatment for CML?
41. What is the definition of adjuvant chemotherapy?
After surgery to get undetected cancer cells
42. What is true of secondary malignancies?
Harder to tx than de novo cases.
43. Anthracyclines also?
Produce free radicals.
45. What is cobalamin nasal spray used for?
Maintenance for a patient that has responded to oral/IM therapy
46. Anemia presentation?
47. Anemia risk factor?
Pregnant or lactating woman
48. What are three things that could reduce efficacy?
Pt specificcharacteristics (obesity, metabolism), mutations, decreased transport into cells, increased activity against drug there were three correct options
49. What can trigger a sickle cell crisis.