Drugs that cause SLE-like syndrome:
- Sulfa drugs
- Mneumonic: Popular FACTSSS
What is the treatment with cyanide toxicity?
Nitrate + thiosulfate, hydroxycobalamin
Antidote for acetaminophen toxicity:
N-acetylcysteine (replenishes glutathione)
Antidote for amphetamines:
NH4Cl to acidify urine
- because amphetamines make urine more basic
Antidote for antimuscarinics, anticholinergics:
Anitmuscarinics: physostigmine salicylate
Anticholinergics: control hyperthermia
How do you reverse benzodiazepine toxicity?
Antidote for ß-blocker toxicity:
Treatment for CO poisoning:
100% O2, hyperbaric O2
What is used to treat Cu, Ag and arsenic poisoning?
What is used to reverse heparin?
What is used for Fe poisoning?
What is the treatment for Pb poisoning?
EDTA, dimercaprol, succimer, penicillamine
What is used for Mercury poisoning?
dimercaprol (BAL), succimer
What is the treatment for methemoglobinemia?
methylene blue, vit C
- What is the treatment for salicylate toxicity?
- What is the treatment for TCA toxicity?
- Salicylate toxicity: NaHCO3 (alkalinize urine), dialysis
- TCA toxicity: NaHCO3 (plama alkalinization)
How do you reverse the effects of tPA/streptokinase/urokinase?
What is the treatment to reverse the effects of warfarin?