Flashcards in Pressurization System Deck (12):
Placing the pressurization control in the DUMP position causes the outflow valves to...?
Be held open by vacuum
What is the source of cabin pressurization?
What is the max cabin pressurization differential?
How are the cabin and cargo door seals inflated?
Pressurized cabin air which seeps through small holes in the seals.
At what cabin altitude will the CABIN ALT HI light illuminate?
What will happen to the pressurization of the cabin when the first officer pulls the vent knob open while in cruise at FL240?
What is the minimum N1 required to maintain adequate airflow for pressurization during flight?
How do you set the pressurization controller before flight?
- Aircraft alt 1000ft above planned cruising altitude
- Cabin alt 500ft above field elevation
What will happen if both the bleed air valves are set to INSTR & ENVIR OFF?
Loss of pressurization
If your pressurization controller is set to 17000 ft on the aircraft scale and you descend to 15000 ft, what will happen to the differential pressure indicated?
It will go to a lower differential pressure.
What are the functions of the outflow valves?
- They provide positive and negative pressure relief
- Depressurize the aircraft when the cabin pressure switch is moved to DUMP
- Controls the rate at which air escapes the cabin.