Flashcards in Rural - KQ4 (sustainable management) Deck (8):
A form of development in which basic standards of living are raised without compromising the needs of future generations
How is sustainability possible in rural areas?
- Sustainable farming
- Sustainable use of water, electricity and transport
What are some sustainability issues in North Norfolk?
- More affordable housing
- Better job, career and training opportunities
- More leisure opportunities (especially for young people)
- Protection of the environment
- Action against coastal erosion and flood risk
What are some sustainability policies in North Norfolk?
- Regeneration of Cromer using EU funding (eg pier and promenade)
- Outreach programmes run by UEA
- Maintaining and improving coastal defences in Cromer and Sea Palling
What is the North Norfolk Community Strategy?
It is a place where ..
- People feel safe and live in nice homes
- Equality and diversity are valued and celebrated
- People have diverse career and training opportunities and jobs that add value to area
- Communities can access a wide range of activities to meet everyone's needs
- The environment is protected and heritage of the area is maitained
What are some sustainability achievements in North Norfolk?
- Affordable housing = in 2007 57 new homes built for residents
- Better job/career/training opportunities = North Norfolk Business Forum improves education and training // The Virtual Business Support Programme promotes and supports self-employment and small businesses
- More leisure/recreational activities = 'Its Our Theatre' - arts project for 4 - 25 year olds // Holt Youth Project for young people to socialise, learn vocational skills and enhance work opportunities
How is sustainability managed in Cambourne?
- Morrison's provides employment for locals
- Lots of young families = community feel
- Affordable housing