Flashcards in Study This Poop Deck (12)
Perspectives of terrorism
Effective way for the weak to challenge strong nations or groups and achieve objectives beyond their own ability
Long range goals of terrorism
Influence top level decisions
Gain recognitions for their cause
Short range goals of terrorism
Reduce govt credibility
Obtain money or equipment
Demoralize or discredit security
Cause over reactions
What are ways to protect yourself from terrorism?
Maintaining a low profile
Protect your automobile
What are ISICs and what's it stand for?
ISICs are reporting seniors for the CO.
Immediate superiors in command
When is a PIM used?
Duty for a period of 3 months or less in place of regular reports.
TEMADD of any length as alternative to a concurrent report
Performance not under written orders that should be brought to the reporting seniors attention
What 3 corresponds are there?
What is article three?
I will escape, and accept no favors
What are the 7 elements of the marine corps?
- Provide arms and air components for seizure or defense of advanced naval bases for the conduct of land operations.
- Provide dets and organizations for service on armed vessels and security of naval property
- Develop the doctrine, tactics, techniques, and equipment in use of amphib ops.
- Provide forces for airborne ops, according to the doctrine established by the joint chiefs of staff.
- Develop the doctrine, procedures, and equipment for airborne ops.
- Expand peacetime components to meet wartime needs
- Perform such duties as the president may direct.
Marine central command
Organized as MAGTFs, employed as a naval expeditionary force