Flashcards in Vocab 5 Deck (11):
1. (Noun) The expression of approval or agreement
I told him my plan, and he nodded in assent.
2. (Verb) To express approval or agreement, typically officially
He assented to the plan that I came up with.
1. So lacking in originality that can be considered boring
Math can sometimes be considered banal.
1. Changing often or quickly: often changing suddenly in mood or behavior
2. Not logical or reasonable
1. Lacking confidence in one's own abilities.
After his last attempt, which failed, he was diffident about his abilities.
2. Restrained in manner and/or conduct.
verb(1) to prick or prod.
Noun(1) a stick used to maneuver cattle.
(2) anything that pricks, or wounds (stick, spear, etc.)
1. Adj. Of many kinds; numerous and varied
2. Noun. Something having many different parts or features of
The manifold of faces was overwhelming.
1.The state or quality of lasting forever
2.Something that is perpetual in nature.
The building's perpetuity amazed the archaeologists.
Shining brightly; sparkling.
adjective from Latin: solus - whole, entire + citus - put into motion
1. manifesting or expressing anxiety, nervous (worried)
Prior to the final exam, the students seemed solicitous about the test.
1. Someone who acts nice towards someone just to gain something from that person
They thought you were trust worthy, but you are just a sycophant.