Flashcards in Volume 1 (1 - 5) Deck (5)
は Topic Marker
- Marks topic of a sentence.
- Contrast one opinion with another one.
- Used when elaborating on something known to the reader.
が Subject Marker
- Marks subject of a verb.
- Marks one option from another.
- Used when adding more information to a question.
- Used describing specific things with adjectives.
- Used as a conjunction (between phrases): but or even though.
を Object Marker
- Marks object of a verb.
- With verbs with motion it marks how the motion takes place.
に The Aiming Particle
- Marks indirect object.
- Marks a destination, direction or specific place of an action.
- Marks specfic point in time.
- Marks period of time something repeats in. (twice a week).
- Marks direct object for なる (to become), あう (to meet), のる (to ride).
と The Glue Particle
- Marks a person that an action is done with.
- Links nouns.
- Marks quoted speech or phrasal objects: おもう (to think), かく (to write).
- Marks onomatopoeic words.