Flashcards in Volume 3 (11 - 15) Deck (5)
や Incomplete Group Particle
- Can be used to link nouns in an incomplete list and so is used to say etc.
- Marks limited quantity of something.
- Used with できる (and other potential form verbs) to mean as - as possible.
- Marks extent or limit (usually one which causes trouble for the speaker).
- Emphasises negation and anything above a limit meaning it can be used in the negative form.
- Marks degree or extent of something.
- Marks an approximate number of a length of time.
- Marks greater element in a negative comparision.
- Marks lesser element in a positive comparison.
- From - (when closing a private letter).