Wouldn’t it be awesome if you had a personal bar prep assistant who followed you around, testing your knowledge by asking questions like “What are the elements needed to establish a prima facie case for strict liability?” or “What is a 12(b)(6) motion and what is the deadline for filing?”
Okay, so something like this could only be awesome for a law student or graduate preparing to take on the bar … but that’s you! So, it would be awesome, right?
Well, guess what? There is such a personal assistant and it’s the best podcast for law students to listen to as they prepare to take on the bar exam: Brainscape’s hands-free MBE prep. And you can listen to this valuable series of bar prep episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, (wherever you listen to podcasts) or listen/watch as a series of videos on our Law YouTube Channel.
By the way: prepare to get addicted! Almost all of our viewers have said that once they watched one, they consumed them all. (And if this is what the top students are doing with their spare time, should you be too?)
So, how does our bar prep podcast work?
[Psssst! For even more ways our app can help you streamline and optimize your study experience, check out 'How to study in law school using Brainscape'.]
Each episode is a short 4 to 6 minutes long and contains 10 questions—narrated by Brainscape’s law partner, Grace Bowden—pertaining to a specific area of the law. For example, ‘Torts: Strict Liability’ asks:
- Strict liability is only imposed in which 3 scenarios?
- What type of duty does a defendant have in strict liability situations?
- What are the elements needed to establish a prima facie case for strict liability?
- When is a defendant strictly liable for injuries resulting from a wild animal?
- What is considered a wild animal?
- Are defendants liable to undiscovered trespassers for injuries from their wild animals?
- Is D strictly liable for injuries caused by domesticated pets?
- Is the defendant strictly liable for harm caused by his animal trespassing on another's land?
- What is considered an abnormally dangerous activity?
- What are common abnormally dangerous activities?
All of these questions exercise your brain on the most important background knowledge required for ‘Torts: Strict Liability’, which is critical to answering the more detailed questions you’ll see on the bar exam.
After each question, there is a pause for you to answer—whether out loud or in your head—before Grace gives the correct answer. You can even pause the video or podcast to give yourself more time to think it through and answer in greater detail.
Whichever way you go about it, Brainscape’s hands-free MBE prep is 100% free and available to start using immediately, regardless of where you’re at in law school or your bar prep.
So, whether you’re cooking, on the treadmill, driving to your parents, en route to college, or turning to a prune in the bath, use this tool to get quality studying done and massively accelerate your mastery of the law. It’s what the top students do and we know this because they’ve used our tools to smash through the bar and rise to the challenge of a career in law!
What's next? Check out these 12 top apps for law students and bar prep and these top (free) mental health resources for law students!