1. What location in the host?
1. small intestine (adheres to intestinal mucosa)
bilaterally symettrical, pyriform (teardrop shaped)
cyst on left,
troph on right
(Giardia feeding habits)
1. attach's to host's gut epithelium by what?
2. feeds how?
3. obtains nutrition by what?
1. where do they live?
2. what is the main clincal sign?
1. surface water
1. Why is diagnosis difficult?
ZnSO4 will be on exam!!!!!
he expects us to be able to look at something and say whether or not it is giardia
1. are there any approved drugs for this?
2. which is not affective enough
3. which one is dangerous
4. which one does he recommend
5 what to do if don't get result?
6. what combo works?
5. extend duration
6. fenbendazole + metonidazole
(can also use human apporved drugs)