1. how many hosts does this require?
1. obligatory 2 host system - heteroxenous (everything else we have talked about has been one host so far)
1. What species do they infect?
2. what kind of relastionhship?
3. one of the most prevalent parasites of what?
1. what is the definitve host?
2. the intermediate?
just slightly different from cycles before
1. how many sporocysts/sporozoites?
2. oocysts wall is fragile -> may lead to what?
1. 2 sporocysts/4 sporozoites each
2. may break --> sporocysts shed in feces
these cause tissue cysts
1. cattle serves as what?
(give the definitive host)
2. S. cruzi
3. S. hirsuta
4. S. hominis
1. intermediate host
if it isn't abortion usually goes unnoticed
don't memorize all of these different types
what treaments used in practice?
1. cause of what?
2. Slowly progressive, focal or multifocal CNS disease.... can death result?
1. equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM)
2. yes it can
1. what is the definitive host?
3. accidental intermediate?
What are the three A's (clinical signs)
1. asymmetric ataxia
2. focal muscle atrophy