Flashcards in 302-354 Deck (53):
302) The most dangerous and series complications of Marfan's syndrome is which of the following?
a. Ruptured aorta
c. Brain tumor
d. Mitral valve prolapse
A. Ruptured aorta
303) Cri du chat syndrome présents itself with an unmistakable cat-like cry. This condition is evident by a malformed chromosome _________.
304) The largest diameter of the spinal cord is found approximately at which location?
a. lumbar enlargement
c. cervical enlargement
d. Filum Terminale
C. Cervical enlargement
305) The spinal cord ends approximately at the level of ______.
306) Which type of nerve fiber conducts the fastest impulse and hence its most myelinated?
a. type A
b. type B
c. type C
d. type D
A. Type A
307) Which of the following is not part of the Circle of Willis?
a. posterior communicating artery
b. anterior cerebral artery
c. basilar artery
d. internal carotid
C. Basilar artery
308) The visual cortex is located in the _______ lobe of the brain.
309) Which area of the cerebrum primarily has a function of smell?
a. Wernicke's area
b. precentral gyrus
c. Broca's area
310) Which type form a myelin sheath around cells in the CNS?
a. Schwann cells
b. microglial cells
311) The cervical enlargement is found most approximately between
312) Most neurons are most commonly what type?
313) A freely moveable joint is a
314) The thalamus receives all of the following senses except?
315) Arachnoid granulations
a. synthesis vitamin D
b. make Schwann cells
c. reabsorb CSF
d. are located in the Aqueduct of Sylvius
C. Reabsorb CSF
316) Emotion is controlled by the
a. frontal lobe
b. temporal lobe
c. parietal lobe
d. occipital lobe
C. Parietal lobe
317) Your given a long passage of a story on a standardize exam. This exam is making an effort to test your comprehension of these words. What area of the brain are they trying to test?
a. promotor area
b. prefrontal area
c. Broca's area
d. Wernicke's area
D. Wernicke's area
318) Which deletes calcium from bone?
319) Which is a fibrocyte that makes the blood brain barrier?
a. ependymal cell
320) The Filum Terminale is composed of ______.
a. dura mater
d. cervical enlargement
321) All of the following are parasympathetic except:
a. cranial nerve 11
b. cranial nerve 10
c. cranial nerve 3
d. cranial nerve 5
A. Cranial nerve 11
322) Which nerve does not exit through the jugular foramen?
323) The cribriform plate is found in the _______ bone.
324) The mandibular portion of cranial nerve V exits through the _______ and the maxillary portion exits through the _______.
a. jugular foramen, hypoglossal canal
b. foramen ovale, foramen rotundum
c. internal auditory meatus, hypoglossal canal
d. foramen rotundum, jugular foramen
B. foramen Ovale, foramen Rotundum
325) Which hormone is responsible for milk let down?
326) The lateral rectus muscle is innervated by
a. CN I
b. CN II
c. CN III
d. CN VI
D. CN VI
327) The syndesmosis is a type of _________.
328) Pain and temperature is a function of which sensory tract?
a. anterior corticospinal
b. lateral spinalthalamic
c. medial leminiscus
d. anterior spinalthalamic
B. lateral spinalthalamic
329) Which of the following is a descending tract that controls respiration?
d. posterior cerebellar
330) Light tough and pressure is a function of which ascending tract?
c. anterior spinolthalamic
d. anterior corticospinal
C. anterior spinothalamic
331) All of the following are motor tracts except:
332) Decarboxylations are types of functions that use _________.
d. folic acid
333) A deficiency of thiamine will cause
d. folic acid deficiency
334) Tryptophan can make most of our ________ requirements.
d. folic acid
335) Riboflavin and niacin are involved in _______ reactions.
d. protein metabolic
336) Strict vegetarians most likely will need to supplement which of the following vitamins?
337) Which enzyme is responsible for breaking down chylomicrons?
a. lipoprotein lipase
A. lipoprotein lipase
338) Which of the following does not make prostaglandins?
d. palmitic acid
D. palmitic acid
339) Which non-sponifiable lipid does not contain fatty acids?
340) Which end product of beta oxidation will not go to the electron transport chain?
341) ________ is needed to help palmitoyl CoA cross the mitochondrial membrane for beta oxidation to occur.
342) Which is not a step in beta oxidation?
d. thiolytic cleavage
343) How many carbons does one molecule of Acetyl-CoA have?
344) 5 Acetyl CoA are formed from the beta oxidation of a 10 carbon fatty acid. Which of the following is true regarding the previous statement?
a. 4 FADH2 will be formed
b. 5 FADH2 will be formed
c. 4 Acetyl CoA must be formed
d. 9 FADH2 will be formed
A. 4 FADH2 will be formed
345) The ________ is directly involved in ketogenesis.
d. small intestine
346) What process will occur when there are too many acetyl-CoA molecules in the liver?
d. electron transport chain
347) Which is not a ketone body?
b. beta hydroxy butarate
348) Nonessential amino acids can be made in the body by
b. beta oxidation
349) An excessive amount of ketones in the blood will
a. increase the pH of the blood
b. decrease the pH of the blood
c. will have no effect
d. will predispose one to multiple myeloma
B. Decrease pH of the blood
350) Acetyl Co-A is changed to malonyl CoA by _________ in the production of fatty acids.
a. succinic dehydrogenase
d. Acetyl CoA carboxylase
D. Acetyl CoA carboxylase
351) Acetyl-CoA is converted to mevalonate by ________ in the biosynthesis of ________.
a. hydroxy methylgluteral CoA regulator, cholesterol
b. citrate, fatty acid
c. NADH, niacin
d. TPP, thiamine
A. Hydroxy methylgluteral CoA regulator, cholesterol
352) The opening of the Eustachian tube is found in the
353) This type of cartilage is found on the superior part of the arytenoid cartilage?
a. vocal folds
b. corniculate cartilage
c. cuneiform cartilage
d. thyroid cartilage
B Corniculate cartilage