Flashcards in Block 1 - Unit 3 Deck (24):
Described as managing an organization’s knowledge-level information in a way that allows easy, visible access by members for use in decision making.
2) Knowledge creation, knowledge capture and transfer, and knowledge deliver.
3) Facts that are represented as tangible symbols (e.g. text, sounds, spoken words, images, and video).
4) Knowledge management is categorized by which two capabilities?
Technical and Organizational
5) Knowledge management is used to achieve breakthrough business performance through the synergy of:
people, processes, tools (technology)
6) E-mail, instant messaging and wiki are examples of which type of KM capability?
Technical – Common Collaborative Capabilities and Knowledge Engines
7) This technical KM capability is currently developed to ease information flow, speed transfer of data, or increase access knowledge:
AF KM Technology
8) ____________ helps to ensure data is visible, available, and usable when and where needed to accelerate decision making at all levels
Communities of Interest (COI)
1) __________ is data that has been verified to be accurate and timely, is specific and organized for a purpose, is presented within a context that gives it meaning and relevance, and that can lead to an increase in understanding and decrease in uncertainty.
2) The primary purpose of managing AF information _________ and ________ is to enhance the AF mission “to defend the United States through control and exploitation of air and space.”
Effectively and Efficiently
3) Create/collect, process, disseminate, use, store, and dispose of information are components of which?
Information Life Cycle
4) How many classes are in the cognitive hierarchy
5) Knowledge that has been synthesized and had judgment applied to it in a specific situation to comprehend the situation’s inner relationships.
6) Data that have been processed to provide further meaning
7) The lowest level of information on the cognitive hierarchy.
8) Information analyzed to provide meaning and value, or evaluated as to implications for the operation.
Define Knowledge Management
Ability to organize, capture, and manage knowledge
What are the 3 phases of KM
Knowledge Creation, Capture and transfer (dissemination), and Delivery (application)
KM Capabilities are categorized as what?
Technical - Common collaborative capabilities and knowledge engines; AF KM technology
Organization - Communities of Interest (COI); Communities of Practice (COP)
Instant messaging, search/discovery engines, web blogs, teleconferencing, and Wikis are examples of what type of KM capabilities
Technical - Common collaborative capabilities and knowledge engines
What are the four classes pertaining to cognitive hierarchy?
Data - Information - Knowledge - Understanding
_____ is knowledge that has been synthesized and had judgement applied to it in a specific situation to comprehend the situations inner relationships?
_____ includes any statement or reception of knowledge such as facts, data, or opinions, including numerical, graphics or narrative forms, maintained in any media, including computerized databases, paper, micro form, or magnetic tape