Flashcards in Block 1 - Unit 4 Deck (59):
1) Name the two groups of information into which Official information is divided into:
Classified and Unclassified
2) Information that has been determined to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interest of national security is _______________.
3) Information or material that could cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security if the information was disclosed or released to unauthorized personnel.
4) Information or material that could cause serious damage to the national security if the information was disclosed or released to unauthorized personnel
5) Information or material that could be expected to cause damage to the national security if the information was disclosed or released to unauthorized personnel.
7) What should be done if you find classified material out of proper control?
Take custody, safeguard the material, and then notify the appropriate security authorities.
6) A __________ is an unauthorized disclosure of classified information.
8) Only individuals that have authorized ___________, ___________, or _______________ of the classified information can grant individuals access to classified information.
Possession, Knowledge or Control
9) How often should Top Secret control officers (TSCO) conduct an inventory of all TS material?
Annually or whenever there is a change in TSCOs
10) Which form, in short, says you may never disclose classified material?
Standard Form (SF) 312
11) How can TS material be transported or transmitted?
Armed Forced Courier (AFCOS)
The privacy Act Program objectives do NOT include which of the following
mandating that secret records on individuals can be maintained.
2) The Base PA officers do which of the following:
Provide guidance and training to base personnel; ensure training for the squadron level PA monitor; and directs investigation of complaints and violations
3) What did congress pass to protect individuals from unwarranted invasions of their personal privacy?
Privacy Act of 1974
4) The PA requires information systems to have a privacy act system notice published in the __________.
5) Who has the overall responsibility for the AF PA program?
Air Force Chief Information Officer (AF-CIO)
6) Who has the responsibility of making sure organization personnel are aware of their responsibilities regarding the PA?
The Organization's PA Monitor
7) Information systems that contain data on individuals that is retrieved by name or personal identifier are subject to the ____________.
8) How should PA material be protected?
According to its sensitivity level, consider the personal sensitivity of the info, and the risk of loss or alteration. Utilize the AF form 3227, Privacy Act Cover sheet
9) When Transmitting personal information by email, FOUO, should appear in the:
in the subject line and the statement in the first part of the email
10) Use the following methods to dispose of records protected by the PA?
Tear, burn or shred
1) Who develops policies and procedures for administering the FOIA program?
Freedom of Information Act Manager
2) Who coordinates the release or denial of FOIA request?
3) Under FOIA, who may not make FOIA requests?
Federal Agencies and Fugitives
4) Foreign citizens, military, and civilians acting as ___________ may request records under FOIA.
How many exemptions exist under the FOIA program in which a request for a records could be denied?
6) Normally, you can expect a response to your FOIA request within _________ days from the date the proper FOIA office receives it.
20 working days
1) __________ is a protective marking to be applied to unclassified information when disclosure to the public of that particular record, or portion thereof, would reasonably be expected to use a foreseeable harm
2) FOUO is now a subcategory of the _________________ rules.
Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
3) An unclassified document containing FOUO shall be marked.
At the bottom on the outside of the front cover, on each page containing FOUO, on the outside of the back cover
4) Who is responsible for determining, at origination, whether the information of a document may qualify for CUI status?
5) (T/F) Unauthorized disclosure of FOUO records is an unauthorized disclosure of classified information.
6) During working hours, FOUO material should be kept away from ___________________.
7) After working hours, store FOUO material with other classified records in ______________.
unlocked files or desks
Protecting ________ is critical to mission accomplishment.
Official information is divided into what two groups
classified and unclassified
What are the three security classifications?
Top Secret, Secret, and Confidential
A compromise of classified information can present a threat to what?
What form says you may never disclose classified information
AF Form 312 Classified info nondisclosure
What individual in your unit, appointed by the commander, will deal with Top Secret material
Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO)
Why did congress pass the Privacy Act of 1974
To protect individuals from unwarranted invasion of personal property
List the duties of the base privacy act officer
Provide guidance and training to base personnel; Ensure training for the squadron level PA monitor; direct investigations of complaints/violations
Who may ask for a copy of records in a system of records
persons or their designated representatives
A person obtaining someone else's records under false pretenses could result in a ________ fine.
no more than $5,000
Where do you include a PA Warning banner?
in each AF publication that requires collecting or keeping information in system of records.
What should you not use when making FOIA requests?
Government supplies, equipment or materials
Who coordinates the release or denial of FOIA request?
Who controls and processes FOIA requests?
Which FOIA exemption covers personnel, medical , and other files involving personal privacy?
FOUO is now a subcategory of what rules?
Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
What is the proper procedure for marking FOUO material?
should be marked at the bottom of the outside of the front cover, the title page, the first page, bottom of each page containing FOUO, and outside of bottom of each page containing FOUO, and outside of back cover, as well as each paragraph containing FOUO
Information marked FOUO cannot be withheld, unless it meets the criteria for what Act? Which exemptions?
FOIA exemptions 2-9
When unauthorized persons gain access to FOUO records, administrators find out who is responsible and _______________
must investigate and take disciplinary actions
How do you protect FOUO during working hours? After working hours?
during - keep away from unauthorized bystanders
after - store w/ other unclassified records in unlocked files or desk
what method do you use to dispose of FOUO material?
tear, burn or shred
What is Personally Identifiable information
any info about an individual which can be used to distinguish or trace and individuals identity
Protecting privacy information is the responsibility of every _________, ___________, and ___________ who handles privacy records or PII contained in any record
Federal employee, military member, and contractor
Who elevates PII for impact of loss or unauthorized disclosure and protected accordingly?
reported to Installation Privacy Official by anyone discovering it