What are the 3 mass update cases options available from the view cases list?
2) Change owner
3) Change status
What are case queue’s?
Locations where cases can be routed to await agent processing
For which 3 classifications can Case queues be associated with?
1) Product Categories
2) Customer Types
3) Service Levels
Assignment Rules - How can you notify a colleague you have assigned a case to them?
When assigning case to another user, tick the - “Send Notification Email checkbox”
What are case hierarchies used for?
To associate cases with one another via the Parent Case field. When a case is associated with a parent case it signifies a relationship, such as a grouping of similar cases for easy tracking, or a division of one case into multiple cases for various users to resolve
Name two types of Case Page Layouts?
- Case Page Layout
2. Case Closed Page Layout
Name 2 benefits of the Case Closed Page Layout?
1) Ensure all required information is captured before a case is closed.
2) Can make fields required when closing a case that are not required when creating a case.
Note: By default, closed ‘case statuses’ (closed checkbox ticked) can only be selected from the “Case Closed Page Layout”
Name 3 reasons to use Case Escalation Rules?
- Ensuring cases do not go unresolved by support agents (e.g. escalate any unresolved cases to management after 80 working hours).
- Prioritising support of important customers (e.g. standard customer cases are escalated after 80 working hours; gold customers are escalated after 16 working hours)
- Ensuring the customer support team is meeting customer service-level agreements (Entitlements and Milestones greatly expand on the Service Cloud’s ability to enforce SLAs, but are not covered in this guide).
How many Case Escalation Rules can be active at one time?
What are Case Escalation Actions?
Escalate to another user after a period of time, with the option to email the newly assigned user
Each escalation rule can have many associated actions
e.g. Email somebody after 6 hours. Email somebody else after 12 hours
Name 3 ways in which Case Escalation Rule entries can reference business hours?
- Ignore business hours (e.g. for business critical 24×7 support cases)
- Use business hours specified on case (this will typically be your org’s default business hours) Note: this field is hidden by field-level security by default.
- Set business hours (could be used if the case is escalated to a team in another time zone)
When are Case escalation rule entries evaluated?
Every time the case is modified - when changed to a rule that would have previously triggered escalation, the case is escalated as soon as possible.
Note: Modifying related records used in case escalation rule criteria will not invoke rule re-evaluation of related cases.
Case Contact Roles & Case Teams:
What are Contact Roles?
Contact roles on cases function much like contact roles on accounts and opportunities
Allow users to declare the role of multiple contacts in relationship to a case
Add the contact roles related list to the case page layout
Case Contact Roles & Case Teams: What are Case Teams?
Case teams work much like account and sales teams.
Provide a clear way to document the roles of multiple users in the management of a single case
Extend record access to team members (which can include portal users)
Case Assignment Rules: Name 3 factors to consider when implementing Case Assignment Rules?
1) Can only have one case assignment rule active at a time
2) Can contain up to 3000 rule entries,
including 300 formula rule entries
3) A case assignee can be a user or a queue
e.g. [Case Priority equals “High”] -> Urgent Queue
[Case Origin equals “Web”] -> Bill Barnes
Case - Assets: Name 4 steps to configuring Assets for cases?
1) Add the Cases related list to the appropriate product and asset page layouts.
2) Add the Asset field to your case page layouts.
3) Consider changing the field-level security for the Asset field so that it displays or is required if necessary for your business.
4) Optionally, customize asset fields and page layouts
Case - Entitlements: Name 7 steps to setting up entitlements
1) Enable Entitlement Management
2) Display entitlements and service contracts related lists on related objects
3) Add entitlement fields to case page layouts
4) Customise entitlement fields and page layouts
5) Add Entitlements and Service Contracts tabs to the call centre app
6) Customise service contract fields and page layouts
7) Display contract line items related list on service contracts
Case - Entitlements: Entitlement Model