Solutions: Name 3 places where a solution can be created?
2) Solutions Tab
3) Close case screen
Solutions: What is the solution attachment limit?
Solutions: Name 4 types of users who can edit solutions?
1) Solution Managers
3) Users with “Edit” permission
4) Users with “Manage Published Solutions” permission
Solutions: What are the two different solution statuses?
1) Draft - Not been reviewed for publication
2) Reviewed - Ready for publication
Solutions: What 3 steps can be taken in a review process?
1) Edit necessary information and change status to “Reviewed”
2) Check “Published” to make available in org’s customer portal
3) Optionally Check “Visible in Public Solutions” to make available to users of Public Solutions
Knowledge: What is Salesforce Knowledge?
Leading knowledge base (requires licensing). Users can write, edit, publish and archive articles and easily attach them to cases even before a case is closed. Article versioning, article types and data categories allow for greater consistency, readability and relevancy of articles
Solutions: Name 3 ways of finding a solution?
1) Case detail page:
a) Enter keywords related to possible solution
b) Returns a list of relevant solutions
c) Suggested solutions uses a formula to search by relevancy (if enabled)
2) Solutions Page - Keywords
a) Search box on solutions tab
b) Use categories to narrow search criteria
c) Search results return results in all languages that have matching key words
3) Solutions Page - Categories
a) Click a solution category to view a list of solutions in that category
b) Drop down list sorts solutions by category
c) Create a solution list view that matches specific criteria
Solutions: Name four places solutions can be displayed?
2) Public Solutions
3) Self-Service Portal
4) Salesforce Customer Portal
Knowledge: What 3 channels does Knowledge support?
1) Internal (SF app) - Search for articles from cases
2) Customer Community - Personalised info for logged in users
3) Public Knowledgebase (via website) - Browse and search
Knowledge: Article Types: Name 3 steps to configuring Article Types?
1) Create article types - e.g. Deals, FAQs…
2) Add custom fields - capture information relevant to article type (date/time, pick list, text/rich text, file field)
3) Customise the page layout - Manage fields, manage sections
Knowledge: Article Types: How can articles be customised for a channel (Internal, Community, Public Knowledgebase)?
1) Tabs - Each field group as a tab
2) Table of Contents - Sections on 1 page with hyperlinks to each section
3) Custom - Enable Admin to select Visualforce pages to display sections
Knowledge: Article Types: Workflow Rules - What 3 actions can a workflow rule trigger?
1) Create email alerts
2) Update fields
3) Send outbound API messages
e.g. could create a workflow rule that sends an email alert to the article type owner when a new article is created from a case.
Note that tasks are not supported by article type workflow.
Knowledge: Article Types: Approval Processes - How can Approval Processes benefit article management?
Additional control over the content of your articles and the process used to approve them.
e.g. could create a process that requires legal and management teams to approve articles containing sensitive information.
Knowledge: Data Categories: Name 2 factors that allows Data Categories to enhance article searching?
Classify and search for articles by dictating article :
2) Visibility (based on role hierarchy)
Knowledge: Data Categories: Name the 3 types of visibility that can be set for Data Categories via Roles, Permission Sets or Profiles?
1) All Categories
3) Custom - Selected categories are visible
Knowledge: Rating Articles: Name 2 ways the article rating can change?
1) Users can rate articles (1-5)
2) In every 15 days, if an article has not received a new vote, it’s average moves up of down according to a half life calculation (articles without recent votes trend towards an average rating of 3 stars)
Knowledge: Knowledge Tab: Name 5 features of the Knowledge tab?
1) Compare ratings for different articles
2) Sort the list view according to highest or lowest rated articles or the published dates, most viewed and title
3) Search both published and draft articles
4) Follow or unfollow, edit, publish and delete an article
5) View info by clicking the article or external source title
Knowledge: Data Category Groups: Name 3 limits to consider when implementing Category Groups?
1) Can add categories up to 5 levels deep per group
2) Can contain a total of 100 categories
3) Can only have 5 groups, only 3 of them active at any one time
Knowledge: Searching: Name a 3 features that improve searching?
1) Filtering - Type of article or data category
2) Synonyms - Search using common terms, create group with up to 6 synonyms, must have 2. Must be defined by Admin
3) Stemming - Search for multiple forms of a word at once e.g. ‘land’ returns land, landed, landing
Knowledge: Access: What restricts the ability to view, search and attach articles to cases?
Read permission on the article type associated with the article
Note: No profiles specific restrictions
Knowledge: Access: Name to 2 steps to assign access to manage knowledge
1) “Knowledge User” checkbox against user
2) Create a custom user profile to set up Knowledge-specific profile permissions
Knowledge: Access: What are the 3 Knowledge specific profile permissions?
1) Read: Provides access to knowledge tab and to articles
2) Create, Edit and Delete: Provides access to the Article Management tab and allows publishing
3) Manage Salesforce Knowledge: Provides access to knowledge-related setup pages inc Data Categories and Article Types
Knowledge: Managing Knowledge: Name two ways to make it easy for users to access knowledge?
1) Create a new app and assign to specific profiles
2) Customise existing standard app to add knowledge tab to default display
1) Enable access to “Cases with articles” report in Support Reports folder
2) Add Knowledge specific fields to existing reports
3) Create and share Custom Report Types for Knowledge users
4) Install “Knowledgebase Dashboards and Reports” free add on from App Exchange
Knowledge: Name 4 processes of a Data Migration Strategy?
1) Develop a data management strategy
2) De-duplicate and ensure accuracy of articles prior to migration
3) Review article usage metrics to ensure value of migrated articles
4) Define and document categories for each article in prep for import
Solutions vs Knowledge
1) Solutions comes with all SF licenses, Knowledge requires Feature License
2) Knowledge has extra features - Article Types, Data Categories. Can also control access via Data Categories
3) Knowledge has better analytics
Content vs Knowledge
1) Content: Internal, Knowledge: External
2) Content: Storing + Manage docs, Knowledge: Finding + Sharing info
3) Content: Deliver (package + share), Knowledge: Channel (publish, readily available/searchable)
4) Content: Simple to implement,
Knowledge: Complex (Project to Plan, Analyse, Design, Build…)