Flashcards in Chapter 3: Incident Management Responsibilities Deck (13)
Ongoing evaluation of influential factors at the scene of an incident.
At vehicle incidents, scene assessment involves observing a variety of variable and factoring them into the initial decision making process. These variables include:
* Day of the week
* Time of day
* Vehicular traffic
* Vehicles involved
In order to safely and effectively operate at a vehicle incident, personnel should be familiar with:
* Operational protocols
* Incident support operations and resources
* Transferring scene control
After an initial size up, the incident commander must ____
decide how to deploy the available resources and determine the need for additional resources.
The extrication group can have the following responsibilities.
* Determine the number, location, and condition of the victims that require extrication
* Evaluate the resources required for the extrication
* Stabilize the vehicles
* Determine whether treatment is necessary and if it can safely be delivered on site, or if victims will have to be moved prior to treatment.
* Advise the IC of resource requirements
* Allocate and supervise resources assigned to the extrication function
* Perform disentanglement to extricate victims
* Report progress to the IC, and give and "all clear" when victims have been removed
* Coordinate with other groups through the chain of command
Responsibilities of the Medical Group
The IC should formulate an IAP that reflects the following incident priorities.
1. Provide for extrication personnel safety and survival
2. Prevent others from becoming victims
3. Rescue those who can be saved
4. Recover the remains of those beyond saving.
The IC develops and implements the initial written IAP with assistance from the ____
Operations Section Chief when needed.
In the Planning P, the ISO will develop a ____ and the ____.
* written general safety message
* Incident Safety Analysis
The IC or Safety Officer who receives information from on scene personnel of a life hazard or potential for imminent danger to the rescue team members should ____
announce an emergency traffic message over the radio, communicating the hazard to all personnel on the emergency scene. In additions to the radio transmission, a predetermined evacuation signal should also be performed.
The objectives of terminating an incident include:
* Restoring the scene to as near normal as possible
* Making the scene safe for people to occupy
* Making the scene safe for vehicles to drive through
After Action Reviews (AAR)
Learning tools used to evaluate a project or incident to identify and encourage organizational and operational strengths and to identify and correct weaknesses.