Flashcards in Direct Post Core systems Deck (8)
What are the primary functions of a post?
1) Retain the core
2) Stabilise the core
3) Obturation of the post canal
What are the contraindications for direct posts?
1) Non-restorable tooth
2) Short roots, thin roots, carious roots
3) Bends/ blockages in the root canals
4) Existing root pathology
5) Poor periodontal support
6) If core can be retained and supported without post
What are the functions of a core?
1) Foundation for a coronal restoration
2) Retention and stabilisation of coronal rstoration
3) Perform as an interim restoration
How can post systems be classified?
1) Method of application
4) Passive/ Active
What conditions should be assessed prior to considering a post?
Tooth ultimately restorable
Remaining tooth structure sound
No periapical patholoogy
Sufficient root length
good acccess to tooth
Tooth isolation possible
what are the burs used for post hole preparation?
How much GP should be left in the canal?
4-5mm. Measure using pre-op radiograph and use rubber stopper on GG appropriately.