Flashcards in injury prevention Deck (5):
9 ways of injury prevention ?
- type of training and intensity should be matched to individuals needs
- do not over train
- wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- stretch properly
- use taping and bracing when needed
- always use correct technique
-make time for rest and recovery
- keep hydrated
- always warm up and cool down properly
3 reasons why you warm up ?
- raise body temp
- increase range of movement around the joints that are going to me used the most
- increase amount of oxygen being delivered to the working muscles
4 stages of a warm up ?
- pulse raising
- skills practice
- mental preparations
2 stages of a cool down ?
- pulse lowering