Flashcards in Land Transport Act 1998 Deck (12):
What power does Section 113 of the Land Transport Act give you?
At any time you may: D.I.M.D.O.D
D - Direct any person on a road to provide name address, infor to ID driver.
I - Inspect, test or examine breaks or associated equipment or any L/T docs
M - Move or caused to be moved any vehicle which is causing a hazard or obstruction.
D - Direct the driver to move a vehicle f it is causing a hazard or obstruction.
O - Order an unlicensed driver not to drive. (Forbid them)
D - Direct pedestrians or vehicle to follow your directions. (Point duty)
What powers does Section 114 of the Land Transport Act 1998 give you?
Powers to stop a vehicle and demand details from the driver. Name address, occupation, DOB, and phone number.
What powers do you have under Section 115 of the Land Transport Act 1998?
Powers to order unsafe vehicles off the road. (Green and pink stickers). car can not be driven until:
- it has been inspected by an authorised vehicle person not involved in repairing
- owner/driver is given permission to operate on the road
- new evidence of vehicle inspection is displayed on vehicle.
What powers do you have under Section 116 in the Land Transport Act 1998?
Powers of arrest for people who fail to follow directions under Sections 113 and 115.
What powers does section 118 of the Land Transport Act 1998 give you?
Powers to demand information from owner/hirer to provide details of:
- Driver f driver is alleged to have committed ANY offence against ANY act whilst in charge of a vehicle.
- Passenger who has committed/aided/avoided arrest for ANY offence against ANY act through use of a vehicle.
Details must be supplied within 14 days.
What powers do you have under Section 119 subsections 1 and 2 in the Land Transport Act 1998?
Power to enter premises to carry out or continue breath alcohol testing for drivers who fail to stop AND drive dangerously/recklessly OR are suspected of driving with EBA and you are in fresh pursuit.
What powers does section 121 of the Land Transport Act 1998 give you?
power to take keys and forbid from driving when a person is incapable of driving due to mental/physical condition. F.A.R.M.E.D
F - forbid that person to drive for a specified time.
A - All keys to be surrendered
R - render vehicle immobile
M - Move or cause to be moved and vehicle causing an obstruction.
E - EBA offenders must be forbidden to drive for 12 hours
D - Direct that person to drive to a specified place to rest if they have exceeded their driving hours.
What powers does Section 122 of the Land Transport Act 1998 give you?
Power to seize and impound vehicles for 12 hours. (Public safety) Mohaka viaduct incident.
What powers does section 123 of the Land Transport Act 1998 give you you?
Powers to seize and impound vehicles for failing to stop, car involved in a serious accident or hit and run, and to preserve evidence, forensic examination or to establish cause of serious crash.
What powers do you have under Section 95 of the Land Transport Act 1998?
You must suspend the persons license for 28 days if:
(1) EBA over 650mcg/l
(2) EBA over 130mg/mcl 100 mls
(3) EBA over 400 and previous conv for rel offence in 4 years
(4) EBA over 80 and previous conv for rel offence in 4 years
(5) refused blood
(6) Drove 40kph over the permanent speed limit.
(7) Drove 50kph over a temporary speed limit.
What powers do you have under Section 96 of the Land Transport Act 1998?
You must seize and impound a vehicle for 28 days when:
(2) Suspended or revoked licence
(3) No licence and previously forbidden to drive.
(4) EBA > 400 + 2 previous convictions for rel Offences in 4 years.
(5) EBA > 80 + 2 previous convictions for related Offences in 4 years.
(6) Refused blood + 2 prev conv for related offences in 4 years.
(7) boy racers. racing, unnecessary exhibition of speed or acceleration or sustained loss of traction.