Flashcards in Property Deck (5)
Where do the original, duplicate and triplicate copies of the POL268 go?
Original = receipt for the owner Duplicate = file copy Triplicate = remains with the property
What types of property are recorded on a POL268?
(1) Seized with a warrant
(2) seized without a warrant ( property that is illegally possessed)
(3) seized as a possible exhibit
(4) in safe keeping
(5) of deceased people
What is the POL263 form for?
It is the found property record/report.
What is the POL261 form for?
It is the lost property record/report form.
What must you do if someone come in to claim an item of property?
- Satisfy yourself the person is the rightful owner.
- hand the property over and have them sign the receipt section on the found property report POL263.
- advise the owner of the finders details.