Flashcards in Patient Interviewing Deck (4)
What is involved in the introductory stage of patient interviewing?
- Opening the relationships
- Clarify the problems/issues
- Structuring and formulating working contract
- Building trust and respect
What is involved in the working phase of patient interviewing?
- Exploring and understanding thoughts and feelings
- Facilitating and taking action
What is involved in the termination phase of patient interviewing?
- Ending the nurse-patient relationship
- Responsibility for care is handed to the person and their support people