Flashcards in Pharmacolgy Chapter 7 & 11 Deck (12):
Responsibilities of Drug Administration (4)
1. Adequate up-to-date INFORMATION about all drugs to be administered.
2. WISDOM and judgement to accurately assess the pt's needs for medications.
3. SKILL IN DELIVERY of the medication accurately.
4. PATIENT EDUCATION to provide about why, how and when meds are to be given, possible side effects.
Reporting Medication Errors
...is important so that corrective steps can be taken.
Six Rights of Medication Administration
1. Right Medicine. 2. Right Amount
3. Right Time. 4. Right Route
5. Right Patient. 6. Right Documentation
Documentation of Drug Administration
Every medicine must be recorded in pt's record along w/dose, time, and location of injections.m also any adverse reactions must be noted.
A higher than normal amount, sufficient to cause toxicity.
Lacking, adequate amount.
B-complex vitamins and vitamin C.
Condition resulting from exposure to a poison or a dangerous amount of a drug.
Vitamins A,D, E, & K
...are chemical elements occurring in nature and in body fluids.
Inhibit cell destruction. Substance that acts against oxidizing agents.