Flashcards in SOGs Section 8 Emergency Care Deck (13)
According to the Medical Response SOG, Pandemic PPE shall include what 6 items?
1) tyvek suit
2) double nitrile gloves
3) N95 mask
4) face shield
5) firefighting boots
6) any other PPE specified by current medical bulletin
According to the Medical Response SOG, if possible, from what distance should a patient be asked if they have a cough or a fever?
From 1 - 1.5 metres.
According to the Medical Response SOG, upon returning to station, if amount or size of waste does not allow for disposal in the waste receptacle, what is the procedure?
Place waste beside receptacle, notify A&M to procure pick up by Waste Disposal Company.
According to the MAR SOG, under what 2 conditions is the Defibb Operator responsible to ensure a MAR form is fully completed?
1) for all incidents which they connected the Defibb to a patient
2) when symptom assist treatment was provided
According to the MAR SOG, upon returning to station when the defibb was used: what 2 things must be done?
1) ensure the yellow copy of the MAR is completed by defib oper.
2) ensure completed MAR is placed into a sealed “CONFIDENTIAL” envelope and left at the station for the Medical Training Officer.
According to the MAR SOG, what is the procedure when returning to station from a non-defibb incident where a MAR was completed?
The MAR shall be placed into a sealed ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ envelope and forwarded to the Division of Training?
According to the Designated Officer SOG, what 3 situations define an ‘unprotected exposure’?
1) tissue under skin (ie bite where skin is broken)
2) body fluid in contact with non-intact skin (cut, chapped skin)
3) body fluid in contact with a mucous membrane (eyes, nose, mouth, lungs)
According to the Designated Officer SOG, what defines a ‘Significant Exposure’?
Any unprotected exposure with an agent that may cause illness or disease (ie needle-stick injury, non-intact skin, mucous membranes, failure of PPE)
According to the Designated Officer SOG, what are the 11 high risk sources?
1) known HIV, HCV, HBV positive
2) IV drug / alcohol abuser
3) homeless population
4) multiple sex partners
5) sex worker
6) immigrant from high endemic area or recent travel
7) source had blood transfusion or transplant between 78-85
8) same sex sexual activity
9) sexual partner from above group
10) current or recent imprisonment
11) infants born to HIV infected women
According to the Designated Officer SOG, all personnel shall do what 3 things?
1) report a possible unprotected exposure to their immediate supervisor
2) seek immediate medical care if required
3) complete a Workplace Injury/Illness Report (WIIR)
According to the Designated Officer SOG, what shall the immediate supervisor do asap when a significant exposure occurs?
Notify the On-Duty Designated Officer (thru COMM) and the appropriate DC/PC/Div Chief.
According to the DNR Form SOG, what 5 items shall the Captain review to ensure the DNRC is valid?
1) presence of a unique serial number
And then completion of all required 4 fields
-a) patients name
-b) tick box has been checked to identify that one of conditions met
-c) a signature by physician or nurse
-d) the date the form was signed