Flashcards in Supplemental Operations Deck (13):
If the CARGO OVHT caution message illuminates what is the procedure?
• Direct Ramp to close cargo door unless loading
• Animals go on just prior to push
• If the CARGO OVHT light is still illuminated keep COND AIR on until just prior to departure
• Just prior to takeoff, select FAN. Ensure the CARGO OVHT caution message extinguishes. If not, call maitenance
• 30 min after takeoff put back on Cond Air. If it illuminates then follow QRH
NOTE - Live animals may be carried in the cargo compartment with a CARGO OVHT caution message caused by high ambient temperatures.
If Ambient Temperature is above 30C should we turn on windshield heat during originating flow?
No, It will be turned on during the After takeoff check
Reduce Thrust is Prohibited when?
- Cowl/Wing Anti-ice on
- Runway Contaminated
- Tailwind > 5kts
- Anti Skid INOP
- Takeoff behind Heavy
- Flaps 8 (Must use flaps 20)
Cont Ign must be used when?
- Mod TB or greater
- Mod Rain or greater
- Crosswind greater than 10 kts (CRJ 200)
- TS in area
- Contaminated Runway
What is the engine warm-up procedure for a cold soaked airplane?
- Engines motored for 60 sec and fan rotation verified before engine start.
Note: the engines must remain at idle until oil pressure reaches normal operating range or 10 min
- the thrust reversers must be actuated until the deploy and stow cycles are less than five second (200) and 2 seconds (700/900)
What is the cold soaked APU start procedure?
Start/Stop Switch push momentarily then push PWR Fuel
When must a Cold Weather Preflight be conducted?
• The OAT is ≤5ºC, or
• Atmospheric conditions conducive to icing exist, or
• The aircraft has remained overnight and may have been subject to contamination, or
• A through flight and residual ice from the inbound leg may have accumulated, or
• The wing fuel temperature is ≤0ºC
What is the procedure for Wing Anti Ice when taxiing?
• When OAT ≤5°C, with or without visible moisture, and
• The aircraft has not been anti-iced with Type II or IV fluid:
After second engine start and at least two minutes prior to takeoff:
ANTI-ICE WING .................................NORM
Check: • ED-2: WING A / ICE ON advisory message displayed prior to takeoff
Prior to takeoff when conditions permit:
• ED-1: BLEED MISCONFIG caution message extinguished
NOTE-The L or RWING A/ICE caution message(s) may be temporarily displayed during taxi.
When are wings and cowls turned on for takeoff?
OAT <= 10, Visible moisture causing less than 1sm of visibility, contaminated runway:
OAT <= 5, Visible moisture causing less than 1sm and 400 AGL clouds, contaminated runway:
Cowls and Wings Anti Ice
- ED 2 displays ICE advisory prior to takeoff
When are cowls turn on after landing?
When OAT is ≤10° and:
• visible moisture is present, and
• visibility is ≤1 mile, or
• when operating on ramps, taxiways or runways where ice, snow, standing water, or slush is present:
ANTI-ICE - COWL...................................ON
When Approach requires Anti ice ( Gear down or flaps extended) what should you do?
Start APU and transfer bleeds below 15,000FT
When is an aircraft considered "cold soaked"?
-30 C for more than 8 hours.