Flashcards in The care act 2014 Deck (5)
what are the first two key features of the care act?
1. Local authorities have a primary responsibility to promote individual wellbeing.
2. shift from providing services to meeting needs and putting person at the centre.
what are 3rd and 4th key features of the care act?
3. focus on preventing or delaying the need for support.
4. support for carers who are family and friends.
what are 5th and 6th key features of the care act?
5. Local authority must provide people with support and advocacy services.
6. Adult safeguarding means the local authority must act to protect adults at risk of being abused or neglected.
what are the last two key features of the care act?
7. Range of providers offering choice of high quality services.
8. Information and advice available so that people can make their own decisions about their care and support.