Flashcards in The data protection act 1998 Deck (5)
what are the first two key features of the dp act?
1. controls use of personal information by public and private organisations.
2. Data must be used fairly and lawfully.
what are the 3rd and 4th key features of the dp act?
3. Data must be used for a specific purpose.
4. Data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
what are the 5th and 6th key features of the dp act?
5. Data must be accurate.
6. Data must not be kept longer than is necessary.
what at the last two key features of the dp act?
7. Data must be kept securely.
8. Individuals have the right to find out what information organisations store about them.