In certain limited situations, you may use these.
- Even if you use these, you must comply with all Rule provisions, including mandatory disclosures and itemized prices.
Alternative Price Lists
- Children and Infants
- Government Agencies
- Religious Groups and Memorial Societies
Situations for Alternative Price Lists
You can list different fees in two ways:
- Place these items on your General Price List, Casket Price List and Outer Burial Container Price List, along with your regular offerings.
- You can prepare separate price list for these arrangements. If you prepare separate price lists, you need not give them out to anyone except those persons inquiring bout a funeral for a child or an infant.
Children and Infants
Some funeral providers enter into agreements with these to provide funeral arrangements for indigent persons (or other persons entitled to the benefit). When entering into such arrangements, you must follow all Rule requirements, including giving price lists to this at the time you make or discuss such arrangements.
- You can add the prices for these special situations to your regular price list or prepare a separate price list (which does not need to go to anyone except for these or persons who qualify for special arrangements).
Some government agencies choose to contract for funeral arrangements on a ___ basis. You can offer funeral arrangements to anyone- including a government agency- on a ______ basis, as long as the funeral _______ is offered in addition to, not in place of, itemized prices.
- When qualifying persons inquire about these ___ funeral arrangements, you should still provide the GPL, with itemized prices and disclosures, and comply with all other Rule requirements at this time.
You should check with these to determine whether arrangements handled as part of an agreement with a government agency can be supplemented or modified by qualifyng persons.
You are free to enter into such arrangements, but you must still comply with the Rule's requirements. You must provide price lists to representatives of these groups when they inquire in-person about funeral arrangements on behalf of their members. In addition, if an individual group member inquires in-person about funeral arrangements, you must provide the individual with your price lists. Even if a member chooses a package available only to society members, the member must have the opportunity to look at your price lists. You can either have separate price lists for qualifying members or include such prices on your regular price lists.
Religious Groups and Memorial Societies (or burial societies)
If you do not list the retail price of each casket on your General Price list, you must prepare a separate printed or typewritten ____ ___ ____ (___).
Casket Price List (CPL)
- The name of your business
- The caption "Casket Price List"
- The effective date for the Casket Price List
- The retail price of each casket and alternative container that does not require special odering, with enough information to identify it.
Information to be Included on the Casket Price List
You must give enough ________ information about each casket on the CPL to enable customers to identify the specific casket or container and understand what they are buying.
- exterior appearance
- exterior trim
- interior fabric
- can give other information, such as a photograph or manufacturer name and model number but this alone is not sufficient under the Rule.
You need list only those caskets that you _____ ____ for sale that do not require special ordering, as well as alternative containers you offer for direct cremation.
Purchasing a casket or container that is not in stock and not part of your regular offerings to your customers.
Except for the requirement that you make an alternative container available if you offer direct cremation, the Rule does not require you to offer any particular caskets or alternative containers. However, both caskets and alternative containers should be listed on the CPL.
You Should not Have a Separate List for Alternative Containers
The rule does not require you to list the caskets or containers that you offer in any ___ _____ or order.
Can be in any form, including in a notebook or on a chart, as long as it contains the reiqured information, displayed in a clear and ________ manner.
You do not have to include ____ caskets on your CPL, or list caskets that you keep in your inventory to fill pre-existing contracts, but which you no longer regularly offer for sale.
You do not need to prepare a new price list if a casket or container is _____ out-of-stock. You can simply tell the customer which casket is not available when you give the customer the CPL.
If a particular casket is available in a _____ of interior materials and designs or exterior hardward and finishes, you can simply note that face on the Casket Price List; you need not list a ______ separately.
- You must show this to anyone who asks in person about the caskets or alternative containers that you offer or inquires about their prices.
- You must offer this when you begin discussing caskets or alternative containers- but before showing these items.
- Customers must be able to look at the price list before discussing their options or seeing the actual caskets.
- You do not have to give this to customers to keep, but you may do so if you wish.
Using the Casket Price List
Customers should not ___ learn of casket prices by entering the casket showroom and reading price cards placed on individual caskets or by having the funeral director recite such information orally.
- You can use individual price cards, but only in addition to the Casket Price List.
The Rule does not require that you ____ the caskets in any specific order. However, many states have regulations regarding the manner of ___). The rule does not require that you ___ any caskets.
Some funeral providers present their selections through a book containing photographs of the various caskets offered for sale. In this case, you must ______ in the book all the information required for the CPL, including the heading "Casket Price List."
You must offer the CPL when the discussion of caskets begins. If you begin discussing caskets in your place of business, you must offer the Casket Price List at that time. However, if you do not begin discussing caskets until you arrive at the manufacturer's or supplier's showroom, you do not have to show a CPL until you arrive and the discussion begins.
Using a Manufacturer's or Suppliers Casket Showroom Outside of the Funeral Home
You must show a Casket Price List to anyone who wishes to ____ the particular casket already purchased under a pre-need contract.
If you sell outer burial containers and do not list the retail price of ecah such container on your General Price List, you must prepare a separate printed or typewritten ____ ___ ___ ___ ___.
Outer Burial Container Price List (OBC Price List)
Refers to any container designed to be placed around the casket in the grave. Such containers may include burial vaults, grave boxes, and grave liners.
Outer Burial Container
Must contain the following basic information:
- The name of your business
- The caption "Outer Burial Container Price List."
- The effective date of the price list
- The retail price of each outer burial container you offer that does not require special ordering, with enough information to identify the container
Information to be Included on the OBC Price List
[In most areas of the country][S]tate or local law does not require that you buy a container to surround the casket in the grave. However, many cemeteries require that you have such a container so that the grave will not sink in. Either a grave liner or a burial vault will satisfy these requirements.
- Delete "in most areas of the country" from the disclosure if your state or local law does not require a container to surround the casket in the grave.
Outer Burial Container Disclosure
- Enough information on your OBC Price List to enable customers to identify the specific container.
- You need list only those containers that you usually offer for sale and that do not require special ordering.
- Does not require you to offer any particular outer burial containers, or any outer burial containers at all.
Offering Outer Burial Containers