Flashcards in wk3 - LU locations Deck (36):
another name for Lung channel
Hand Tai Yin
general location of Lung channel
anterior medial aspect of arm, from chest to fingers
does Lung channel begin at LU 1?
no, it begins in the middle jiao
where does the Lung channel run?
1. originates in middle jiao (doesn't originate at LU 1)
2. runs down to connect with the large intestine
3. winds back up + passes through the diaphragm
4. enters the lung (diamond shaped pathway into both left + right lung)
5. passes through throat
6. descends from throat across clavicle to LU 1
7. travels down anterior medial aspect of arm
8. ends at radial side of thumb
# of points on Lung channel
exit point on Lung channel
what is an exit point?
- where the channel breaks off and goes to first point on the following channel
- at LU 7, channel goes to radial side of index finger, where LI 1 is located
where do Lung Divergent channel and Large Intestine Divergent channel join?
where does the Lung Tendinomuscular channel begin?
where does it run?
- begins at Jing Well (LU 11)
- runs up medial aspect of arm to just below clavicle
what internal organs does the Lung channel connect with?
Lung + Large Intestine
LU 1 location
at level of 1st intercostal space: 6 cun lateral to sternal notch
LU 1 category
Front Mu of Lung
LU 2 location
in depression of the infraclavicular fossa: 6 cun lateral to sternal notch
LU 3 location
on medial aspect of upper arm: 3 cun below end of axillary fold, on radial side of biceps brachii
LU 4 location
on medial aspect of upper arm: 4 cun below end of axillary fold, on radial side of biceps brachii
LU 5 location
on transverse cubital crease, on radial side of tendon of biceps brachii (locate with elbow slightly bent)
LU 5 category
He Sea point
LU 6 location
on palmar aspect of forearm, on the line joining LU 9 and LU 5: 7 cun above wrist crease
LU 6 category
Xi Cleft point
LU 7 location
superior to styloid process of the radius: 1.5 cun above transverse wrist crease
LU 7 categories
- Luo Connecting point
- Command of Head + Neck
- Confluent of Ren
(LU is also the exit point, though this is not a category)
LU 8 location
1 cun above transverse wrist crease, in depression on the lateral side of radial artery
LU 8 category
- Jing River
- Horary Point (though this is not a category)
LU 9 location
at radial end of transverse wrist crease: in depression on lateral side of radial artery
LU 9 point categories
- Shu Stream
- Yuan Source
- Influential of Vessels
LU 10 location
on radial aspect of the midpoint of the 1st metacarpal bone, on the junction of the red + white skin
LU 10 category
LU 11 location
on radial side of thumb, about 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the thumbnail
LU 11 category
which 2 points are on upper arm?
how many cun down from axillary fold?
LU 3 -- 3 cun down
LU 4 -- 4 cun down
which point is at the cubital crease?
LU 5 (He Sea)
(all He Seas are at the elbow)
which point is at the transverse wrist crease?
(Shu Stream, Yuan Source, Influential of Vessels)
which 3 points are on the forearm/wrist?
how many cun up from transverse wrist crease?
LU 6 -- 7 cun up
LU 7 -- 1.5 cun up and over, above styloid process of radius
LU 8 -- 1 cun up
which points are needled obliquely?
- LU 1 and LU 2 (bc close to Lungs)
- LU 7 (bc close to radial artery)
- all other points can be needled perpendicularly
which point is pricked?