Flashcards in wk6 - ST channel intro Deck (19):
where does the ST channel begin?
at the face, at LI 20
Which internal organs does the ST channel connect with?
ST and SP
How many Connecting Points does the ST channel have on the head and face?
6 Connecting Points:
1) UB 1 between LI 20 and ST 1
2) Du 26 at the philtrum
3) Ren 24 under the lower lip, at the midline
4) GB 4, between ST 7 and ST 8
5) GB 5, between ST 7 and ST 8
6) Du 24 above the hairline, in the midline
[For tests, we just need to draw a triangle. Don't need to know the specific points.]
T or F: the stomach meridian crosses with LI 20 and UB 1.
ST 12 thru ST 18 are located in the chest ___ cun parallel to the midline.
ST 31 thru ST 34 are located on the line connecting which two landmarks?
the ASIS & the latero-superior border of the patella
ST 19 thru ST 30 are located on the abdomen ___ cun lateral to the midline.
At which point does the regular ST channel move out to the anterior lateral aspect of the leg?
Where does the internal pathway of the ST channel run? (describe below the neck)
- In the torso, the internal pathway splits off at ST 12 and runs medial & parallel to the regular channel.
- One branch of the internal pathway goes to the ST and SP.
- The main branch of the internal pathway continues medial & parallel to the regular channel until ST 30 where it rejoins with the regular channel.
- Below the knee, the internal pathway splits off at ST 36 and runs lateral & parallel to the regular channel.
- The internal pathway ends at the lateral side of the 3rd toe (whereas the regular channel ends at the lateral side of the 2nd toe).
Which Front Mu is located on the ST channel?
Front Mu of Large Intestine (ST 25)
What are the two Connecting Points along the ST's internal pathway in the torso?
Ren 12 (Front Mu of ST)
[don't need to know this for tests]
All Yang channels, includign the ST channel, go to ____ at the back of the neck.
The ST Divergent channel goes into the ____ organ.
The SP Divergent channel goes into the ____ and _____ organs.
The ST Sinew Channel (Tendinomuscular Channel) begins at the ____ ____.
The ST Sinew Channel (Tendinomuscular Channel) crosses with which two points in the face?
SI 18 and/or ST 3
Which is the ST Luo / Connecting point?
What happens at ST 40?
- At ST 40, the Luo / Collateral Channel travels up the body.
- At the throat, it splits to go to the throat & the nape of neck.