Flashcards in 10.30: Renal Review II Deck (13):
3 partes of UA?
What to do if positive protein dipstick?
Should be quantified
What to do if dipstick negative?
What does high urine PH in face of metabolic acidosis mean?
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Tubules are having problems excreting acid
What is very high urine PH indicative of?
What is specific gravity?
- Weight of urine relative to distilled water
- Reflects number and SIZE of particles in urine
What does positive stick test for blood indicated?
- Heme is present: not necessarily RBC
- Could be hemoglobin or myoglobin
What is urobilinogen in urine indicative of?
What is bilirubin w/o urobilinogen indicative of?
What is leukocyte esterase in dipstick indicative of?
UTi or inflammation
What does nitrite in urine indicated?
Bacterial infection: UTI
When is microscopic exam needed?
If dipstick is positive