Flashcards in Hist for Path: 1 Deck (19):
What is located on top of the kidneys?
The two adrenal glands
Where are our adrenal glands located?
On top of the kidneys
Where are kidneys located?
- L12 - T3
What is calcitriol?
Active form of vitamin D produced in kidney
Where is active form of vitamin D produced?
In the kidney
Hormones secreted by kidney?
3 developmental stages of kidney?
1. Pronephros - immature
3. Metanephros - adult kidey
What is pronephros?
Most immature form of kidney
What is metanephros?
Adult form of kidney
Layers of kidney from out to in?
What is at tip of medulla?
Papilla that opens into calyx to reach pelvis then become ureter
Progress of renal artery?
1. Renal artery
2. Anterior and posterior renal
3. Interlobar arteries: run on side of medullary pyramid
4. Arcuate arteries: come off interlobar arteries
5. InterLOBULAR arteries
6. Afferent arterioles: Feeds glomerulus
7. Efferent arterioles
What does the afferent arteriole come off of in kidney?
Difference between efferent arterioles in cortex and medulla?
Cortex: form peritubular plexus
Medulla: head to deep medulla form vasa recta to supply loop of henle
What is special about juxta medullary glomeruli?
- Efferent arterioles leading from here form vasa recta
Does more blood go to cortex or medulla?
- Medulla is very susceptible to ischemia
What arises from the interlobular artery?
Does papillae come before or after calyx?