Flashcards in Allergic Dermatitis Deck (5):
What is allergic dermatitis?
Chronic inflammatory skin disorder that is associated with overproduction of IgE and eosinophils, characterised by intense pruritis and relapsing course
What is the history of AD?
- Relapsing course of intense pruritic rash in the typical distribution of a skin rash
- Personal or family history of atopic disease
- Dry skin, skin infection, white dermatographism
- Food allergy and intolerance
What are the exam finding in AD?
- Acutely - erythematous, papulovesicular rash, mostly on face, scalp, extensor surfaces of limbs and trunk
- With age the lesions localise to hands and feet, and antecubital and popliteal fossa
- Chronic - lichenification of skin
When do you investigate? How?
If not responding the simple management
Skin or serology testing