Flashcards in Chapter 2 & 3 Deck (13)
Considerations in approaching a foreign market:
- Is the geographic area homogenous or heterogeneous with respect to culture?
- What needs can this product or a version of it can fill in this culture?
- Can enough of the people needing the product afford the product?
- What values or patterns of values are relevant to the purchase and use of the product?
- What are distribution, political, and legal structures for the product?
- In what ways can we communicate about the product?
marketing that ties a company and its product to an issue or cause with the goal of improving sales or corporate image while providing benefits to the cause
product modification is important
whether a person is biologically male or female
traits of femininity (tenderness, compassion) and masculinity (dominance, aggressiveness)
the behaviors considered appropriate for males and females in a given society
attribute over which the individual has no or little control
Traditional gender roles
marriage in which husband takes responsibility for providing for the family and wife runs house/takes care of children
marriage in which husband and wife share responsibilities
generally married, prefers to stay at home
Trapped working women
married or single, would prefer to stay at home but works because of economic necessity