Flashcards in Exam 2 - Eating Patterns/Budgeting Deck (11):
What are some common eating patterns of Americans?
1. Skipping Meals... which leads to food binge-ing
2. Eating large portions
3. Eating on the run/eating too quickly
4. Using food to relieve stress
5. Late night eating
6. Mindless eating
7. Constant Snacking
8. Eating out.
What are the three very important scientific results about eating patterns?
1. Consuming 4-5 meals/snacks a day is associated with less risk of obesity.
2. Consuming less than 3 or more than 6 meals/snacks a day is associated with more risk of obesity.
3. Greater caloric intake in the morning leads to greater weight loss.
What are the four recommended eating pattern programs?
3. Vegetarian (Lacto-ovo)
What does NEP stand for?
Nutrition Education Program
NEP Consists of What TWO Federally Funded Nutrition Education Programs?
1. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- Education (SNAP-Ed)
2. Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
Where is SNAP-Ed available?
In 28 countries.
Where is EFNEP available?
In Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island, and Hastings.
What does it take to graduate from the EFNEP?
7 lessons are required for graduation- 6 are required and 1 is optional
Which classes for EFNEP are required? (6)
1. Plan: Know What’s for Dinner
2. Shop: Get the Best for Less
3. Shop for Value, Check the Facts
5. Choosing to Move more Throughout the Day
6. Smart-Size Your Portions and Right-Size You
Which classes for EFNEP are optional? (4)
1. Choosing More Fruits and Veggies
2. Limit TV
3. Marking Smart Breakfast Choices
4. Fix it Safe