Flashcards in HCPC CPD Deck (3)
What is CPD
- the way in which you continue to learn and develop throughout your career so you keep your skills and knowledge up to date and are able to practise safely and effectively.
- not only formal courses but any activity from which you learn and develop.
- a requirement of your registration, so you need to meet our CPD standards to stay registered.
What are the HCPC standards for CPD
1. maintain a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities;
2. demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice;
3. seek to ensure that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice and service delivery;
4. seek to ensure that their CPD benefits the service user; and
5. upon request, present a written profile (which must be their own work and supported by evidence) explaining how they have met the Standards for CPD.