Flashcards in Limitations Deck (102)
Max runway slope
Max runway altitude
Nominal runway width
Min cleared width 30m in some cases
Max crosswind demonstrated
38 knots (gust included)
Max tailwind for takeoff A321
BR, BT, BU - 15 knots
Rest - 10 knots
Max tailwind for takeoff A320
Max tailwind for landing A320/1
Max wind for pax door operation
Load Acceleration Limits
Clean configuration -1g to +2.5g
Slats or flaps extended 0g to +2.0g
Slats extended and flaps retracted 0g to +2.0g
Max Operating Speeds (Vmo/Mmo)
- Vmo 350 knots
- Mmo 0.82 Mach
Turbulent air penetration speed A320
- Below FL200, maintain 250 knots.
- At or above FL200, maintain 275 knots / 0.76 Mach.
Turbulent air penetration speed A321
- Below FL200, maintain 270 knots.
- At or above FL200, maintain 300 knots / 0.76 Mach.
Max Flaps/Slats Extended Speeds (Vfe) A320
1- 230 Knots
1+F- 215 Knots
2- 200 Knots
3- 185 Knots
F- 177 Knots
Max Flaps/Slats Extended Speeds (Vfe) A321
1- 235 Knots
1+F- 225 Knots
2- 215 Knots
3- 195 Knots
F- 190 Knots
Max speed with landing gear extended
280 knots / 0.67 Mach
Max landing gear extension speed
Max landing gear retraction speed
Max altitude landing gear may be extended
Tires Max ground speed
Max speed for windshield wiper in use
A320/A321 Taxi Speed
Max speed during a turn if weight > 76,000 = 20 knots
Max Design Manoeuvring Speed (Va)
Va = 0.78 Mach (above 30,000 pressure altitude)
Refer to chart for lower altitudes.
Max positive differential pressure
Max negative differential pressure
Ram Air (limitation)
Only open the ram air inlet if differential pressure is lower than 1.0 psi.
Ground Air Conditioning
Low Pressure Ground Unit
- Do not use conditioned air simultaneously from PACK and LP ground unit (to avoid chattering of non-return valves).
- Airflow supplied by the ground cart shall not exceed 2.6 lbs/s.
Ground Air Conditioning
High Pressure Ground Unit
- Do not use HP ground unit when the APU is supplying bleed air to avoid bleed system damage.
- An HP ground unit may be used for air conditioning provided the air supply is confirmed to be free from oil contamination.
Min height for autopilot engagement
- Takeoff with SRS mode 100’ AGL
- Takeoff w/o SRS mode 900’ AGL
- Go-around 100’ AGL
Min height for autopilot disengagement
- Certified to remain engaged
ILS Approach (when CAT2 or CAT3 is not displayed on the FMA)
- 160’ AGL
Straight in non-precision approach
- Applicable Minimum
- Applicable Circling MDA -100'
Limitation on use of certain AP or FD modes
Use of AP or FD in OP DES or DES mode is not authorized during approach below minimums or 500' (A319/A320), 900’ (A321), whichever is higher.