Flashcards in Pelvis Deck (19)
What are the three bones of the pelvis?
Right and left hip bones and the sacrum
What are the three bones of the hip bone?
Ilium, ischium, and pubis
What are the two divisions of the bony pelvis?
Greater and lesser pelves - oblique plane of the pelvic inlet
1. Superior to the pelvic inlet
2. Anteriorly - bounded by the abdominal wall
Laterally - alea of illun
Posteriorly L5 and S1 vertebrae
3. Location of some abdominal viscera (sigmoid colon and loops of ileum)
1. Between the pelvic inlet and the pelvic outlet
2. Location of the pelvic viscera (bladder, uterus, ovaries)
3. Limited inferiorly by the musculomembranous pelvic diaphragm
What are the three ligaments of the sacroiliac joint?
Anterior, interosseous, and posterior sacro-iliac ligaments
What is the interpubic disc made of?
Orientation of the facets of the lumbosacral joint
Superior articular facets of S1 sit posteromedially and the inferior articular facets of L5 sit anterolaterally
What are the three walls of the pelvic cavity?
Anteroinferior, lateral, and posterior wall
What are the two muscles of the pelvic floor?
Levator ani, coccygeus muscle and fascia
What are the three parts of the levator ani muscle?
Puborectalis, pubococcygeus, and iliococcygeus
Innervation of the pelvic structures
Sacral (S1-S4) and coccygeal nerves and the pelvic part of the ANS
What are the main nerves of the sacral plexus?
1. Sciatic nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves L4-S3)
2. Pudendal nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves S2-S4)
3. Superior gluteal nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves L4-S1)
4. Inferior gluteal nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves L5-S2)
What are the two nerves of the coccygeal plexus?
1. Coccygeal nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves S4-S5)
2. Anococcygeal nerve (anterior rami of spinal nerves S4-S5)
What are the three main arteries in the lesser pelvis of the female?
Internal iliac artery, ovarian artery, medial sacral artery, and superior rectal artery
What are the main veins of the pelvis?
Internal iliac vein, superior rectal vein, median sacral vein, gonadal vein, and internal vertebral venous plexus
What are the pelvic organs?
Ureters, urinary bladder, and the urethra
What are the four parts of the stomach?
Apex, fundus, body, and neck