Flashcards in Structure of Genome Part 4 Deck (5)
the relationship between size and complexity in genomes
- in genomes with repetitive DNA, the sequence of each type of repeat adds to the complexity only once, no matter how often it is repeated.
why Cot curves containing various components of repetitive DNA have several phases.
- repetitive DNA reassociates first because it's more concentrated
- then lag phase
- then unique DNA will reassociate
which reassociates faster
- repetitive DNA because it is less complex
why plot Cot
- experiments using a single concentration of DNA would take years